Rain and back home again

We came home again today. For a brief rundown of our week -

Wednesday T & R headed over to RR with 3 horses (before they starve). I headed over a bit later. They got 2 Brah Bulls in and loaded. They were very ready to charge & gave the dogs a hard time.
I hate the hot sticky steamy weather. It makes me very grumpy the hot weather.

Thursday T & R took the bulls to the meatworks. Picked up a new horse (Emily) and a dog. They got back after lunch and had a rest. We all did. I had had a long night being hot and the kids restless. Rah then got up and headed home. We went swimming in the river. They boys sure are getting better with their swimming. I am very impressed.

Friday we had a sleepin and then went and fixed the holding paddock fence. A 1 hour job took nearly 4 hours and we had to go back to the house for a drink. We ran out of water. We then had a swim. Again it was very nice.

Saturday we went and got some stuff for Rahs dog and went to Rappville. The fence there was ok so we had a drive around and saw a few scrubbers and a few cows. We headed back to RR and through a storm. There were predictions of flash flooding and up to 10" rain. PF got about 8". We didn't have much around the RR.

Sunday we woke up early to heavy rain about 4 am. It continued till we headed off about 9 ish. There hasn't been any rain to speak of here. Over at the coast there has been good falls round our paddocks too. They are still green but definitely needing a bit to keep growing.

We are taking a load of weaners back to the coast.

The camel seems to be walking through fences down the Gully.

My SIL is causing trouble again. Somehow always at holiday time. So we always have her to think about. R had nits again too. The boys were so excited that they were here.

Before I lose this again I am going to post. I will try and get back tomorrow. I am so tired and Cowboy is watching a Bruce Willis movie. I have heaps of bookwork to do tomorrow, besides a heap of other stuff. So I will head off now.

Bye ME

Comments