I am back

It must be nearly 2 weeks since I have been around. School holidays have started (actually for us they started 2 days early as so much was happening already). Dad and mum have been here for 10 days with Dad doing a heap of work on the inlaws house fixing leaky walls and windows and doing other odd jobs. My dad is definitely the handyman when things need doing. He then finished off his time here and made me a 12 nest chook laying box. He also bought up some bigger bikes for the boys to ride too - and one for me he reckons - as if I would need one. I have an exercise bike in my work room that makes a great decoration, what do I need another bike for??????

Our No.1 working dog fell out of the ute Friday week ago and fractured his leg in 2 places so after near enough to $2,000 he will be off for atleast 12 weeks and then will probably be just a home dog. We had other options but DH just didn't have the heart for either. Dogs are definitely a mans best friend.

D & M left yesterday and my cattleman and cowboy also left. So after having a full house for 10 days it is now just me and my littlest cowboy. What to do. We rushed into town yesterday to get chookfeed and groceries (so we dont all go hungry). Now to fill in the spare time. A good sleep is in order and some regular bed times (I am no good much after 9pm), perhaps some cooking and maybe a spot of scrapping. Dad bought me up some old kitchen cupboards so I will have toget a bit more sorting done. And then without fail comes the BOOKWORK. Other than that I have 2 more days of relative quiet.

Now for some photos.

2 of my boys getting firewood. And a few loads later we finally get a load for our place.

A single early Iris. This fella appears early every year all by his lonesome for me to find in out frosty and rather bare garden.
One of our new pullets. Yesterday I got 18 eggs. A lovely number after only 7 or 8 for so long.
Oats at our front gate rather feeling the frost. We have had a few really big frosts and everything has felt the chill. This week has been somewhat milder and has given everything some relief. Now for some more rain.




Gonna get a start of sorting some scrapping stuff. So for now .....


Comments