We have had a busy couple of days. Friday my cowboys played a round robin soccer day with some other schools. They had a great day and played so well. No 1 does well as goalie and can kick the ball so well. No 2 played well and go so close to kicking a couple of goals. He was happy to know that he set 1 goal up for a mate.
On Saturday evening there was a juniour rodeo and campdraft on in town. So I thought I would take my cowboys in to watch. They were campdrafting with American Bison. That was something different to watch instead of cattle running around. They had a team challenge where a team member had to ride a horse round some posts bareback. There was barrell racing too. Then there was the rodeo where some of the steers were a bit silly. They were either laying down in the chute or trying to jump out. Then they were charging fences and the horseman that was trying to get them back out to the yards out the back. One was particularly difficult. Even with 4 men on horseback they couldn't get them through the gate. All in all it was a good evening but I decided to come home before it finished as cowboy no 1 was coughing and laying down on the concrete grandstand. The wind had picked up and it was quite cold.
Today was Mah's birthday. She had a lovely day out touring an iris garden and visiting a nursery. It hardly seems like it was her b'day last year. Where has the year gone again????
For me that is about all I am quite tired again (I know whats new). Cattleman is out mustering and checkng calves to ticks.
Tomorrow starts a new and busy week again.
Comments