Brisbane and various parts of QLD had huge flooding and then down in VIC where my sister had 2 foot of water through her house (not nice). Now after after having 1 cyclone past over the north QLD coast I think late Sunday night they are bracing for a huge cyclone to come over tomorrow night. I have another sister in Townsville but as yet I haven't spoken to her. Looking on the radar the cloud associated with this cyclone would nearly cover all of QLD in 1 go. It is so hot here again (mind you not as bad as the 40+ we had last week but still as stifling. Earlier today the wind was coming from the east and when I looked out before it seems to have changed and is coming from the NW kinda.
This morning cattleman and cowboy no 1 headed off to muster one of our rented paddocks. There are some pretty wild cattle there so I am hoping that my cowboy will be safe as the bulls will come out from nowhere and charge horses and he is only a 12 hh pony. He reckons he will just dig his spurs in and get her moving, but I am not sure that it is quite so easy in the heat of the moment.
This morning cattleman and cowboy no 1 headed off to muster one of our rented paddocks. There are some pretty wild cattle there so I am hoping that my cowboy will be safe as the bulls will come out from nowhere and charge horses and he is only a 12 hh pony. He reckons he will just dig his spurs in and get her moving, but I am not sure that it is quite so easy in the heat of the moment.
Anyway I really need to be moving and getting some paperwork sorted. Decisions, decisions - to go to town tomorrow or not to go..... I need to get the pantry stocked again and the boys need gear ready for school next week.....
Leaving with a couple of photos
Cattle mustered
Cooling off in the dam
Comments