No I haven't been to the otherside of the world or anything. Things have just been hectic. Like where has 6 weeks gone. Just 1 more week and 1 day till school holidays. Term 2 has flown.
We have had our fair share of the various bugs that have been going around and I think that after 6 weeks of the it is really time that they moved on. Now would be a good time.
My dad and mum called in on their way back from visiting my sister up round Townsville way and got back just in time for all the lovely rain we had (I know for some it was a bit too much). They had to stay a number of extra days as they couldn't get back to where they wanted to go because of landslides and trees over roads and various flooded roads. Mum and I got to spend some time scrapping which was wonderful. Dad fixed the slasher and the arms on the back of the tractor amongst other jobs. Fixing chainsaws and opening 1 door up on the bi folds.
Cattleman lost his top 2 dogs to baits yesterday. Ugghh. Last year we spent $2,000 getting ones broken leg fixed as he is/was the top dog. Of the 10 odd dogs he had with him only those 2 managed to pick the baits. Normally the owner doesn't put baits out and this year he did and didn't tell us or put signs on the gates uuuuuuggggghhhhh. Poor DH seeing the agony his dog suffered. The other never came back. It is so unbelievable. His dad had also bought home our blue biter who went down with a paralysis tick. This is his 2nd run with them too. Currently he is curled up in a sunny spot on our dining room floor. Thankfully we got him a bit earlier and he can sit up a bit still. Last time he was out flat and couldnt even flat his tail.
Oh in amongst all of this my computer died and I discovered my backups weren't worth the disks they were on. Now I need to get an external hard drive and make sure I put everything onto it. Thankfully my computer man was still able to get my files and photos off before he wiped the puter clean. But for some reason I have trouble using my wireless and there are so many wonderful blogs that I can't visit. Although I think using google reader I might be able to. Must check that out.
This morning I had a quick read of Cattle, Kids and Chaos and
We have had our fair share of the various bugs that have been going around and I think that after 6 weeks of the it is really time that they moved on. Now would be a good time.
My dad and mum called in on their way back from visiting my sister up round Townsville way and got back just in time for all the lovely rain we had (I know for some it was a bit too much). They had to stay a number of extra days as they couldn't get back to where they wanted to go because of landslides and trees over roads and various flooded roads. Mum and I got to spend some time scrapping which was wonderful. Dad fixed the slasher and the arms on the back of the tractor amongst other jobs. Fixing chainsaws and opening 1 door up on the bi folds.
Cattleman lost his top 2 dogs to baits yesterday. Ugghh. Last year we spent $2,000 getting ones broken leg fixed as he is/was the top dog. Of the 10 odd dogs he had with him only those 2 managed to pick the baits. Normally the owner doesn't put baits out and this year he did and didn't tell us or put signs on the gates uuuuuuggggghhhhh. Poor DH seeing the agony his dog suffered. The other never came back. It is so unbelievable. His dad had also bought home our blue biter who went down with a paralysis tick. This is his 2nd run with them too. Currently he is curled up in a sunny spot on our dining room floor. Thankfully we got him a bit earlier and he can sit up a bit still. Last time he was out flat and couldnt even flat his tail.
Oh in amongst all of this my computer died and I discovered my backups weren't worth the disks they were on. Now I need to get an external hard drive and make sure I put everything onto it. Thankfully my computer man was still able to get my files and photos off before he wiped the puter clean. But for some reason I have trouble using my wireless and there are so many wonderful blogs that I can't visit. Although I think using google reader I might be able to. Must check that out.
This morning I had a quick read of Cattle, Kids and Chaos and
Comments