Some BIG changes

TIme has gotten away again.  Alot has happened.  From more dogs passing off the scene to getting some new pigs and a calf that is to be reared to be a milker to new puppies and lightening strikes (very close to the house).

But the biggest happening is the decision to do Distance Education with our boys.  As from next year they will be doing their school work from  home.  I now have to set up a school room and then get organised to be a supervisor.  I kinda wish that we had done it this year already but hey there is no time like the present to start.  I will be able to spend the time with them that they need to do their learning and they can be around more to help outside.  I will know what they are learning and where they need extra attention.  I will need to be strict with school times and know when we need to step back and be a bit more relaxed.

I want to get all our tax finished next week and then start painting.  I will be painting the sun room a yellow and setting up a reading corner outside the school room.  Then I hope to clean everything out of the school room and get atleast the ceiling painted.  Together we will be able to put the boys desks into the room and start to get a little bit arranged ready to start next year.  Cant wait.

On the farm front cattle prices have stayed good so we have decided to sell a few more head - like a big double semi load.  We have been getting some good regular rain so the paddocks are looking well for want of a better word "great".

Scrapping wise I haven't done much.  I have a layout on my desk ready to finish.  Just need to get it stuck down and the journalling done.  On journalling I have signed up for an AE (Ali Edwards) Sharing the Stories of Life class.  I have printed out the main handout and now I just need to find the time to sit and listen and do the class.  Unfortunately I have used up all my internet downloads this month and I am trying so very hard to not be on here too much (should be doing more scrapping and gardening).  But I guess that is life and I may just have to up my downloads.

Anyway that is enough babble for now.  I will try and upload a photo or 2 and then be off to do some other work.  Sorry no photos.  Best get my camera working again too.


Comments