We are well and truly back into the new year and I think I am tireder than ever (I know I know). We finished off last year with floods that went over our flat to having a flood this week that was even higher. All the flood gates washed away this time even higher. I hate to think how much bank has washed away this time up Reserve Creek. We finally have a really sunny afternoon. I know I shouldn't complain but I can see why wet weather makes people miserable. The air is so damp, the washing takes days to dry (trying to save power), the boot room is constantly muddy, the car smells like the pups pen (and is covered in mud). The kids get house itches (too much energy and mum sick of wet dirty clothes - dont mix well for wet weather).
The relly run happened again this year - well sort of anyway. I guess because there was so much else that I wanted to do that is seemed to be happening all the time. It was great to see Justin and Katherine and the kids though. It was real hot while they were here but E and J just spent nearly the whole time riding horses. The other kids got a go here and there too. I think E's confidence grew too.
Families. Sometimes you have to wonder what makes them tick. I cant understand why they cant just accept each other as they are. I seem to have caused some big issues up the hill here. I know a bit why but it seems to be bigger than the 1 issue. They wont come down for dinner even. We have to forgive as we would be forgiven. We just live our lives with no fancy frills. All I have done is decide to take the boys out of school and teach them here. I just dont know. Emotionally I have been pretty low.
To top these things off when E got back just before Australia Day (with the flu) after being with T working and chasing cows he found his pony Annie dead under the tractor. How she got where she was and what happened is a mystery. He was devastated. He has had some back luck with his animals.
We have started home schooling or I should really say distance education. We have a very chaotic week and probably didn't get a lot of school work done but we did acheive a few things. We have had the flu and thumb drives crash. Both the boys have been off colour. E's USB thumb drive thingy (as I call it) died on about Tuesday. It has his teacher doing all her lessons and all the other information that I need and he needs with how to do stuff. I wish I had been told earlier to make a copy onto the desktop. So with all the rain the mailman didn't come till Friday afternoon so basically E couldn't get much done at all. Dad was here in the house most days as it has been raining and flooding so between mum nagging and Dad watching a few Walkers I think Walker won out. But with all the threatening my me both students dont want to go back to school. We need to make a few classroom rules and some job charts so as not to wander off to watch telly or play puter games. Hoping that next week will be a bit more profitable. I have felt really good about our schooling - like I have actually done something profitable. Maybe not everyone thinks it is a good idea but I have to do what I think is best.
Today we got our not 1 but 2 milking cows. Nothing like in abundance..... Well I hope I like this fresh milk as in real fresh. Jugs, buckets oh oh. I guess old ones will have to do...
But I need to think positive and so some grateful thoughts.
My precious boys are healthy and happy
My most wonderful man came home again today (I know he only left yesterday)
The sun was out today
All the blessing our heavenly father gives us.
That is all I can think of for now.
The relly run happened again this year - well sort of anyway. I guess because there was so much else that I wanted to do that is seemed to be happening all the time. It was great to see Justin and Katherine and the kids though. It was real hot while they were here but E and J just spent nearly the whole time riding horses. The other kids got a go here and there too. I think E's confidence grew too.
Families. Sometimes you have to wonder what makes them tick. I cant understand why they cant just accept each other as they are. I seem to have caused some big issues up the hill here. I know a bit why but it seems to be bigger than the 1 issue. They wont come down for dinner even. We have to forgive as we would be forgiven. We just live our lives with no fancy frills. All I have done is decide to take the boys out of school and teach them here. I just dont know. Emotionally I have been pretty low.
To top these things off when E got back just before Australia Day (with the flu) after being with T working and chasing cows he found his pony Annie dead under the tractor. How she got where she was and what happened is a mystery. He was devastated. He has had some back luck with his animals.
We have started home schooling or I should really say distance education. We have a very chaotic week and probably didn't get a lot of school work done but we did acheive a few things. We have had the flu and thumb drives crash. Both the boys have been off colour. E's USB thumb drive thingy (as I call it) died on about Tuesday. It has his teacher doing all her lessons and all the other information that I need and he needs with how to do stuff. I wish I had been told earlier to make a copy onto the desktop. So with all the rain the mailman didn't come till Friday afternoon so basically E couldn't get much done at all. Dad was here in the house most days as it has been raining and flooding so between mum nagging and Dad watching a few Walkers I think Walker won out. But with all the threatening my me both students dont want to go back to school. We need to make a few classroom rules and some job charts so as not to wander off to watch telly or play puter games. Hoping that next week will be a bit more profitable. I have felt really good about our schooling - like I have actually done something profitable. Maybe not everyone thinks it is a good idea but I have to do what I think is best.
Today we got our not 1 but 2 milking cows. Nothing like in abundance..... Well I hope I like this fresh milk as in real fresh. Jugs, buckets oh oh. I guess old ones will have to do...
But I need to think positive and so some grateful thoughts.
My precious boys are healthy and happy
My most wonderful man came home again today (I know he only left yesterday)
The sun was out today
All the blessing our heavenly father gives us.
That is all I can think of for now.
Comments
Getting the kids into the school routine is tricky but we just came up with rules like no t.v during school time. I guess not being the kids family makes it easier in some ways and having a learning space where we stay during school time takes the kids away from it all so they have less distractions. We have set school hours which we try to stick to except for when there is station work to do.
Enjoy the time with your family.
BTW, just to let you know (because I have been crap at updating our blog of late!), we are having #4. In May. So I am 6 months now. Feeling it atm too. Need to put my feet up I think.
Missed hearing from you. Was going to contact you with some specials....keep an eye on your email.
Sam x