Still kicking and screaming

I am trying for a mothers day outing next week.  There is nothing like having to drop subtle hints - to the kids - to get dad thinking - like how about taking mum out for lunch - and what did dad come up with - but if we spoil mum too much she might leave...... - like is that so.  I cant complain I got a new washing machine today - yes a front loader - yes it is working now but needs its feet sorting out by the sound of the semi coming up the drive.... and no it isn't a new lounge suite - the one we have is ok - so the foot rests dont work anymore and mums rocks (only because something is broken inside) - and the big lounge cushions keep coming out (which drives me madder than the cats all getting inside - and I dont like cats) oh well maybe next year - atleast I can wash all my nice whites and they might actually stay white and not get black oil blotches all over the place.

Hmph thats is how it is. 

We are already up to week 3 of term 2 at school.  Our teachers are visiting on Monday even if only for a couple hours.  I cant wait.  It would have been nice to have a nice new lounge for them to sit on.....

Yes well what else.  A lot has happened.  Grandma and Grandpa have been to visit.  Well to look after and help me for a few days.  It was lovely having them.  But now "my" verandah looks more like a boys shed than a nice place to sit and have a cuppa.  Not to mention DH wants to put a cool room out there as well.  How will I ever keep the cobwebs off the loungeroom door now.  This coolroom as good an idea as it was will be 2.4 m square and will cover half of our lounge room big glass doors.  If I sit in my lounge I wont even be able to see the sky anymore.  For something that will only be used occasionally I am thinking I am going to have to try harder to get anyone to see some sense and put it out near the garden shed.

It is getting cold and I have been told to toughen up.  We dont need firewood.  BUT  isn't that why we had a fireplace put in?????  Why should I sit here and shiver and be miserable.  I think I will have to go and cut my own wood.

It sounds like I am doing a bit of whingeing but it isn't quite like that either.

On a positive note....    here goes

FOR TODAY

Outside my window - the dark looks cold
I am thinking - I need to balance the foot on the washing machine
I am thankful for - my beautiful boys
I am wearing - jeans and cheap slipper (that aren't doing much for my cold feet)
I am remembering - DH shy smile when we were courting
I am going - to bed (I am cold)
I am reading - Newest BHG
I am hoping - to get do a bit of Big Pictures Creative Crop
On my mind -  a scrap page of Angus
From the learning rooms - ART
Noticing that - I am feeling a bit lonely
Pondering these words -
From the kitchen - Baking bread
Around the house - starting to get a bit uncluttered
One of my favourite things - my scrapping desk
From my picture journal - trying to photo the everyday

 Ernie helping grandpa building chook boxes - just doing abit of sanding
Angus showing me his lovely new windchime - it needs a fair breeze which we got last week.

Thats all for now.  Have a great evening.

Comments